Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Newbie

"Astral Voyager" wrote in message
Hi all.

I have just inherited (literally) a garden and, to be honest, know

very
little about gardening. I recognise a daffodil, a tulip and dandelion

and
that's about my lot. I have books on garden plants and shrubs but it

seems
that unless you already know what a plant is the books don't help

much.

Is plant identification a function of the group? If I can find out

what
various plants are (some may be weeds - likely the ones growing well)

I can
maybe make some headway.

So, basically, if I post some links to pictures of stuff will the

group help
out?

TIA

Mel W.

A very warm welcome to the group. Trying to identify a plant for
someone online is an enjoyable experience and I am sure that members
will be pleased to help you in your endeavours.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.