Old 06-07-2007, 01:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default John Deere LT 120 starting

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a JD LT 120 and from the day I have had it , it starts up slow.
That is I have to turn the starter for about 15 seconds or more to get it
to start the first time I use it for the day. After that it will start in
just a couple of seconds if I turn it off to close a gate or put more gas
in it. Is this normal ?

Doesn't sound normal to me. Is the choke closing all the way ? Try it with
the gas cap off to see if there is a vent problem. Does it leak gas out of
the carb when it sits for a while ?