Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Xmas potatoes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mikesndbs" wrote ...
I am looking for advice on this?

I have heard you can plant late and lift a crop of small spuds for
Xmas day, sounds nice and I would like to try.

What would be involved please?

Try looking in most of the well known seed merchants catalogues where you
will find the specially treated varieties available for purchase.
http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/
http://www.suttons.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/index.html
http://www.dobies.co.uk/default.aspx

That petition you mention is a joke, it's simply wrong in so many ways.
No, most houses do not have a cat at all, of my 16 neighbours only two
have one cats each and one of those doesn't got outside and has never
killed anything larger than a spider (mine). Yes, we would have wild cats
here naturally, the European Linx and other predators should be more
common and bird would be less common if they were not fed by us. The last
two paragraphs are contradictory. Altogether a pathetic effort by someone
that hasn't thought their argument through.

--

I thought this was about spuds - not petitions !
Pete (mystified)