Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Mulch Magic

Jack Schmidling expounded:

Marilyn was reading some off-the-wall hype about how red plastic mulch
under tomatoes will make them grow better and faster. I, of course,
dismissed it as nonsense.

I am also using the red mulch for the first time this year and I have
to say I am impressed. The plants are stockier, somehow, greener, and
there is absolutely no sign of blight, which is a huge problem for me.
I'm on the way to being a true believer, let's see how July and August
progress with it.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts