Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence

In article , Charlie wrote:

Like I said the zukes are coming on like crazy now. My sis-in-law has
started hauling them up to us also. She is ready to bean
bro-in-law.......he has plenty of room and plants more garden than they
or the rest of the family can use and eat. Good thing we like zuke
three times a day. Be glad when the okra comes in and we'll be
enjoying stewed tomatoes with okra, onions and zuchinni.

Simple Sauteed Summer Squash

I've always liked summer squash, particularly when it's small and
tender. This is just an interesting way to prepare summer squash that
goes nicely with a variety of main dishes. It's mild and very good for
you - enjoy!

* 2-4 small summer squash
* 1/2 tsp. dill
* 1 tsp. lemon juice
* 1/2 tsp. parsley
* 1 (smallish) clove garlic
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* olive oil (to coat pan)
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3/4 to 1 tsp. horseradish mustard
* pinch of curry powder

Coat a pan or skillet with olive oil. Add onion and garlic, cook for
about a minute, then add thinly sliced squash. Add the lemon juice,
dill, parsley, salt, pepper, mustard, and a little curry powder. Sautee
until the squash is tender, stirring often.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/