Old 31-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Dwayne

Default Garlic planting

Separate them and plant the larger cloves 4 to 6 inches apart. Use the
smaller cloves in cooking. They are best planted in September and allowed
to stay in the ground over winter, but you may get something by August. If
you dig them up and find that they have not split into cloves, replant them
and leave them another season.

I have also taken garlic that I bought at a store, separated the cloves at
the right time, planted them, and had a nice crop of garlic. No promises,
but I plant it between my cabbage, cauliflower, borccoli, and Brussels
sprouts to keep the rabbits from enjoying my garden more than I do.
I have done it twice with no rabbit damage, after not doing it the first
time and loosing almost everything I had planted in the cole line.

Good luck and have fun. Dwayne

"Judy Rigby" wrote in message

I'm sure this is a daft question, but I'm new to growing veg & would
appreciate some advice. I have some garlic to plant (3 bulbs) ... looks
just like the garlic you'd buy for cooking ... but it's not. Do I plant
the bulbs just as they are, or do I separate them out & plant each clove
individually ?

Many thanks
--
Judy