Old 06-07-2007, 09:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Soil sterilization and mosquitos

"Sailor" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm in SW Florida, and just rototilled my vegi garden, and covered it
with clear plastic to sterilize the soil.
I have to deal with the water that is left on the plastic after
rains. I don't like mosquitoes!.
should I cut holes in the many places that the water sits?
Can I spray something on it a few days after it rains? It rains every
few days for 5 - 30 minutes this time of year.
Any ideas?
Thanks

would pouring cooking oil in the puddles work? It is used in water storage
tanks to control mozzies. The oil sits on the surface and stuffs up the
mozzies breathing somehow, it seems.

rob