Old 06-07-2007, 08:17 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Dutch[_2_] Dutch[_2_] is offline

Default Now even spiders, squid and lobsters could have rights, and about time too!

"irate vegan" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:55:15 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:
"irate vegan" wrote
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 20:06:41 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

Hows the garden going?

The wet weather we're having here has ruined my petunias.
I dug the soggy, miserable-looking things up today. I don't
think I'll bother with them next year. I think my cacti have
rotted at the roots as well since deciding to keep them
outside in an old china butlers sink. I had em for years!

No vegetables?

I have a row of 9 strawberry plants in a long trough I made
from some scaffold planks, and those are the only eatables
I'm growing. Gardens are for colour, not spuds.

mmmm, fresh strawberries, my favorite. We can still just get California now,
but at least we can get organic, at twice the price.