Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Newbie

"Astral Voyager" wrote in message
Hi all.

I have just inherited (literally) a garden and, to be honest, know very
little about gardening. I recognise a daffodil, a tulip and dandelion and
that's about my lot. I have books on garden plants and shrubs but it seems
that unless you already know what a plant is the books don't help much.

Is plant identification a function of the group? If I can find out what
various plants are (some may be weeds - likely the ones growing well) I
can maybe make some headway.

So, basically, if I post some links to pictures of stuff will the group
help out?
TIA
Mel W.

Hi Mel,
Welcome to URG. I think that a lot of people like myself like the challenge
of identifying plants :~) Always feels like a quiz to me and it's nice to
test ones knowledge or learn from others what plants are called.....

If you don't have your own webspace you can post stuff really easily with
Google : http://picasa.google.com

Jenny