Old 06-07-2007, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Xmas potatoes

On 6/7/07 07:47, in article
, "Mikesndbs"
wrote:

Hi and thanks for the answers to my question!

The petition seems to have generated more interested however and that
was not the intention.
It was there so that if you agreed you could sign up to it.

snip

Apology's to the other list members but I did not expect such a
slagging off for simply asking about Xmas potatoes.

Mike

The problem is that cats are a particularly emotive subject because so many
are for and against them. One notorious troll here raises the matter of
cats in the garden every time he fails to get attention in other ways and
sometimes he and others advocate real cruelty. So, you see, the entire
subject of cats is fraught with pitfalls on here. I don't think you got a
slagging off but perhaps some objected to a petition of that nature on a
gardening group.
Advertising itself is not encouraged, though personally, I think a short
post telling us about a new product or web site can be helpful.
Persistent trolling by publishing sig.files that are irrelevant to a
gardening group is annoying, ill-mannered and tends to result in the
perpetrator going into kill files and/or being totally ignored by most of
the group. That's the simple explanation, though I know you're not trolling
or advertising. In a sense, you can blame those who have gone before you
with the intention of annoying the group.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk