Old 06-07-2007, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Too many seedlings

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

... Life here is much better than it was in the UK living in a jam jar
with a postage stamp sized garden costing a fortune in mortgage and
driving (shuffling) along traffic jammed streets with impatient and
aggressive motorists, looking for none existent car parking spaces at the
crowded supermarkets with barely room to push a trolley down the aisles.
Life here is much more laid back. More space less people. Room to stretch
out and breath! Aaaaah! (Blissful sigh).

David.

I hope that non-UK readers of the above will get the impression that
everyone here lives like that. We don't even though we live in the inner
city.

You chose your house and presumably applied for the mortgage, there's always
adequate parking space at any supermarket I've been to and I choose to shop
at one which makes a feature of wide aisles. As for traffic-jammed streets -
well they're not all like that and you don't have to drive in any case.

Many of us have very laid back lives, the Fishers included.

A daughter lives in France, her daughter couldn't bear it so now lives in
Derby. Her son helped with the house while he was needed then came back to
England, he won't go to France again, he hates it.

Their experiences, like yours, are personal and not everyone's.

Mary