Old 31-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Mark

Default Plastic, glass, and light absorption

Does anyone have a good source for the wavelengths of light
absorbed/blocked by various clear plastics/glasses, and what impact,
if any, this has on growing plants. From the dim recesses of my mind,
I seem to remember that chlorophyll works best with (?) 420 nm or
something like that...

....The reason I'm wondering is because I want to know if I can build a
small greenhouse/cold frame from just any old transparent panels, or
if some will deny the growing plants the right "kind" of light.

Thanks,
Mark