Old 06-07-2007, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Plague of snails.

On 6/7/07 12:13, in article gum-uwief,
"Zhang DaWei" wrote:

On Friday 06 Jul 2007 12:04, Mary Fisher
) wrote:

There are different kinds of asbestos, the type used for garages is
consolidated and not a problem.

Its not a problem so long as the dismantling doesn't give off any dust,
which is why its all right to leave them up, but safer to get in the
experts to taken them down (Leastways that was what the environmental
health officer said when I checked it out with him a while back.) Some feel
thay can do it in the rain and with hosepipes wetting everything, but I'd
rather not take the chance myself, and was all right about paying the money
to get it done given that.

And money well spent, too. I know there are lots of theories on these
things but better safe than very, very, tragically, sorry.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk