Old 06-07-2007, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Plague of snails.

On Jul 6, 12:04 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

There are different kinds of asbestos, the type used for garages is
consolidated and not a problem.

Correct me if I am wrong Mary, but even the consolidated type poses a
risk when broken up?

I have a Belday ironing board that I had when I was single and living
in a flat 40 years ago!! The ironing board is as good as new but it
has an asbestos plate for the iron to stand on. I am so frightened of
the risk of asbestosis, due to seeing my friend's husband slowly dying
before my eyes, that I want to get rid of the entire board. Am I
overreacting or am I being sensible and cautious?

Judith