Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David \(Normandy\) David \(Normandy\) is offline

Default Too many seedlings

Perhaps he knew you were English?

Not all Frenchfolk like us.

Mary

Depending upon the nature of one's work, "choice" of location of employer or
suitable affordable housing / schools etc in the proximity of that work may
be somewhat limited. Many professionals endure the daily commute because
their skills are often required by employers in busy city centres.

-

The driver was a young woman. She bore no malice, though the reason for her
trying to park there eluded me. Both she and her husband were very
apologetic and he personally bought and replaced the damaged part of my
bumper.
All very amicable.

There are a few "National Front" type people here who hate (and even attack)
'foreigners', but such small minded people exist all over the world. Most
French people we've met have been friendly and helpful despite our poor
French - but we are making the effort to learn the language and integrate
with the locals unlike some Brits whose only French is "Parlez-vous
Anglais?" and who try to make a "mini Britain" here.

David.