Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence--WE GOT HEAT, WOO HOO!!!!!!

Charlie wrote:
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 23:26:41 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

The knosching went very well, thank you very much. Tabouli, chicken
salad, cold fruit (peaches, cherries, plums, and strawberries),
mortadella, salami Toscano, pepperocini, cornichons, Kalamata olives in
brine, garlic stuffed green olives, and a seeded sour dough loaf of
bread. We settled for a cheap California chardonnay. Didn't taste like
much but no flaws and it was cold. Finished with chocolate, brandy, and
we split a bottle of stout in frount of the TV. The four cats and the
'Hounds from Hell" were circling around to see if there were any scraps
to be had but not tonight (no bones, poor kids). We listened to the
"Best of the Chieftains" while we ate on the patio, in view of the
gardens. (The Lovey-poo does the flowers.) Thank the Lord for color
vision, again.

I'll light the fire
You place the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Our house, is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy 'cause of you

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)

Chieftans, eh?

Rock on, Wild Man
CHarlie

well I love Celtic music as well. I record Thistle and Shamrock every
Saturday off the UT NPR station and if I miss it, the Eastern Tennessee
NPR station on Sunday..........then there's my three hours of Celtic
music on the best obscure NPR station in this area based outa North
Carolina and is on the web for a coupla years now.....I listen to
Richard Beard's "Celtic Winds" which he's had for over 15 years......I
got four cats and three dogs.......when I get cold, I DO have a three
dog night! LOL
maddie