Old 06-07-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Too many seedlings

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

Depending upon the nature of one's work, "choice" of location of employer
or suitable affordable housing / schools etc in the proximity of that work
may be somewhat limited.

Re-skilling is possible.

Many professionals endure the daily commute because their skills are often
required by employers in busy city centres.

And presumably because they are better paid than other jobs.

-

The driver was a young woman.

Yes, I apologise for that slip up, I realised afterwards that I was making
an assumption.

She bore no malice, though the reason for her trying to park there eluded
me. Both she and her husband were very apologetic and he personally bought
and replaced the damaged part of my bumper.
All very amicable.

Funnily enough I've had a very similar experience.

In England.

There are a few "National Front" type people here who hate (and even
attack) 'foreigners', but such small minded people exist all over the
world.

That's my point about where we live, nothing's perfect.

Most French people we've met have been friendly and helpful despite our
poor French - but we are making the effort to learn the language and
integrate with the locals unlike some Brits whose only French is
"Parlez-vous Anglais?" and who try to make a "mini Britain" here.

So it's not just our roads, our houses, our employment and our supermarkets
which you don't like ...

Mary

David.