Old 06-07-2007, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default Plague of snails.

On Jul 6, 3:22 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
Those mats were often made of the 'wrong' type of asbestos and even flakes
at the edges. The fact that millions of us used them with no effect poses an
interesting problem :-) But if you're worried get rid of it. A new ironing
board isn't going to break the bank.

No, you are right, I will buy another.

We all have to die from something, he and I both have cancer although it

might not kill us.

But, as you know Mary, there are cancers and there are cancers. I
have had surgery on more than one occasion for cancer and like you,
hopefully it won't kill me.

Don't you drive a car? I've seen people die horribly as the result of car
accidents but I still get behind the wheel.

I do and a motor mower! but it's all about reducing the risks and I
try to but asbestosis when diagnosed is too late to do anything, it is
terminal, there is no cure and the prognosis that when one displays
symptoms, it means that you have been exposed to it maybe 30 years
ago? I suppose if I am around in 30 years I wouldn't care too much
but right now all I can do is reduce the risk of everything that could
be considered hazardous and that includes, it seems, breathing.

Judith

Mary