Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Goldlexus Goldlexus is offline

Default Pump Plugged up...What do you think?

It is kinda protected. It has a lot of rocks around it, the suction hole is
on the bottom of the pump not the kind that sticks out the side, it has a
gutter gauard around it to keep fish from getting sucked up. So far we have
moved a lot of rocks around it, we were unable to get fully under the pump
but thought maybe it was cleared enough. We plugged in the pump and it has
more water volume than before but not where it should be. The pressurized
filter usually reads just under 5 psi, when we plugged it back in just now
it read just a little over 3 psi. Prior to clearing somethings around it it
read barely 2 psi. So we are on the right track I think just didn't get it
all maybe. I don't know In the meantime the pipe that comes to the top
of the filter has a sprung a pin whole leak so we need to fix that. So we
have the pump off until we can get in there a clear more rocks and repair
the pin whole leak. BTW while we had the filter apart we sprayed water thru'
the pipe back into the pump to hopefully push out what ever may be there.
Our pump is a sump pump and is suppose to handle solids up to 2".
"~ jan" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:30:27 CST, "Goldlexus"
wrote:

We are NOT diy'ers at all. And generally are clueless on how to fix
things.
So I throwing out a problem and
what we think may be wrong to see if you all think we are on the right
track.
We have a sump pump (ya I know expensive to run) that powers our
waterfall.
It is only a year old with about 2 1/2 months 24/7 running time last
summer
and about the same this summer. It is off during the winter.The waterfall
pump shut down and has in fact only a trickle of water coming down. At
first I thought the pump had just shut off maybe a circut was tripped or
something. I thought the trickle was just the top tier of the waterfall
draining down. Anyway, I checked the circuit breakers and moved the ones
the waterfall back and forth essentially turned the pump off/on. The
waterfall than had a little more water coming down but no where near the
volume that is normal. Not even half the volume. I look at the pressurized
filter and it was not readying the usual 5 psi that it does when normal
flow
is there. We are thinking something is obstructing the water between the
pump and filter would that be a good guess. Since the pump is fairly new
and
and industrial pump we don't think the pump is the problem. What do you
think? Anything else we should look at?
Sorry if this seems like dumb questions, like I said we are clueless on
fixing things.

Is the pump protected in the pond, or just bare? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us