Old 06-07-2007, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Plant / Weed ID Please

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
Anyone know what these seedlings are? They are around 4 inches high and
growing rapidly. We've had lots come up in seed trays, plant pots etc.
They
look vaguely familiar somehow so I pricked these three out into a pot of
their own. The seeds must have originated in the multi purpose compost. My
first thought was tomato seedlings but we've lost all ours (and the
potatoes
too) to blight and whatever these are seem to be blight resistant, they
were
thriving next to the dying and blighted toms.

http://www.avisoft.co.uk/SharedPhotos/Hpim5556a.jpg

David.

Hmm - nothing like tomatoes. They almost look like tree seeds ...

Mary