Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Plague of snails.

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

The contents of my wife's handbag would easily fill a small removal
van.
--

Martin

My wife once asked me to get something out of her handbag, I swear I
could hear voices in the distance shouting "Help - is there anyone
there!" So now I take precautions and always open her bag while wearing
a safety line... can't be too careful. I think it is a portal into
another galaxy.

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Mary

Since moving to France I've got my own unisex handbag, don't tell anyone
or they'll think I'm gay! It's very handy and doesn't have the same stigma
as in the UK - I once went out with it there and a van load of builders
started wolf whistling me and making suggestive remarks.

Spouse used to carry one to work (school), we gave it to him for Christmas.
It was a rather fetching multicoloured south american embroidered one.
Nobody ever wolf whistled at him ... but he has rather a large beard.

The Mrs used to complain that her bag weighed a ton carrying my stuff
around too,

Oh is THAT why women have bags?

and seeing a number of French men with them got one myself. Pockets are
too small - its great for carrying wallet, mobile, camera, passport,
little computer, vehicle / insurance docs, cheque book etc. (Not enough
room for any lippy though ;-)

Do you really need all those things all the time? I manage well with my
large bunch of keys, my gardening knife and my mobile. If I'm shopping
shudder my credit card goes into my back pocket ( I don't carry cash).
surely you don't need a passport all the time? I've no idea where mine is.

Oh, and my hanky lives in the same pocket as the phone. If I ever put
anything in the wrong pocket I'd panic!

Mary