Old 06-07-2007, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Plant / Weed ID Please

On 6 Jul, 22:04, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I'm impressed! I googled Verbascum thapsus and the photos of "Great Mullein"
look just like the plant!
Does that mean I can't post of photo of it :-( (
It is quite a spectacular plant size wise. I'm six feet and it is now taller
than me. The upper part of the flower spike seems to curl and track the sun
during the day bending towards it. On cloudy days it points straight up.

Damned! Get rid of it I tell you!! g It's so much more fun going
through the posts one by one. Still, our verbascum was shaded under
the lilac, hence it's crooked appearance and slug devastasion.