Old 07-07-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Pump Plugged up...What do you think?

A sump pump is not made to run continously - it is intended for off/ on
usage - mostly off - you need to buy a "continous duty" water cooled pump -
that said, even though it will supposedly handle up to 2" solids, in a pond
they are dealing with the dying plant material, string algae etc. which will
plug up the intake screen - you will have to pull the pump and check the
intake screen and impeller - you're problem is probably there - if not, a
new pump will fix it
Gale :~)
"Goldlexus" wrote in message
newsKzji.31$475.16@trndny04...
We will probably do just that. It will be MUCH easier. Last year when we
replaced the pump we hired someone to do it (like I said we are not
diy'ers and know nothing about plumbing) He didn't have the coupling so he
just did it permenantly. A real bummer now.
"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have pvc pipe and a screw on/off coupling. Could you cut your pipe
and add a screw coupling. It can't last forever and will need repair
at some time. Why not make a step now that will serve you in the
future.

Good luck

Jim