Old 07-07-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pump Plugged up...What do you think?

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:28:12 CST, "Goldlexus" wrote:

Pulling the pump isn't easy. Unfortuantely it was plumbed (is that the right
word?) in to the pipe line

Right word, and I was worried it might be hard piped. If you continue to
have problems and need to call someone out. Tell them to saw the pipe up
high, install a camlock fitting and flex hose to the pipe. That way if
and/or when you need to replace the pump, it would be an easy switch for a
non-DYI. Or very quick if you have to hire someone.

One time, before we put this
gutter guard around the pump, a large goldfish got sucked in, went thru' the
pressurized filter and came shooting out at the top of the waterfall. Poor
guy died about 5 mins. after his trip.

I guess it can handle solids, sheesh! I'm surprised the fish came out even
recognizable, let alone alive enough to survive 5 minutes after! That's
some pump.

What brand and how old is it, btw?

Gutter guard, metal or plastic mesh to keep leaves out of gutters, right?
Seems that would do as well as a mesh basket. The mesh isn't blocked
perhaps preventing flow? How deep is it in the pond?

Like I said before if the pump itself was having problems it still
would have the same problem even after clearing out rocks. Right?

Not if the rock is the problem. Back flushing is probably the best thing
you can do at this time, with as much pressure as you can. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us