Old 07-07-2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
G Pearce G Pearce is offline

Default Topping off the pond

This is the way I add water to our pond for topping off - "aerating" the
water helps dissipate the chlorine, Not Chloramine - if your municipal water
has chloramine, you need a de-chlor
Gale :~)

I've seen this mentioned before. Doesn't seem like spraying water in the
air
would have any effect on the chlorine level of the water once it hit the
pond. Can you expand this further?

Also, to the original poster, you should find out if your municipality
uses
chloramine instead of just chlorine in your tap water. The chlorine will
dissipate fairly soon. The chloramine will not and it needs to be treated.
See this for more than you'll ever want to know about the subject:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...ture/index.php

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.