Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Tomatoes not growing...

snip
Any advice would really be appreciated. I only grew tomatoes once
before, in New Jersey, and they were a spectacular success with little
effort.

Thanks very much,
Sarah

Roundup won't help much with bermuda. I lived in Vegas for 13 years - you'll
never be rid of it :-)

How hot is it where you live? The lower limbs dying off sounds like what I
saw when I tried to grow tomatoes in Las Vegas. They just did not do well
with all day sun and 118 degree weather. And for some reason they did better
with hose watering then with drip watering. I think the constant moisture of
drip system kept the roots from going deep, and all it takes is one dry hot
afternoon to seriously stress them. I also grew some at the side of the
house and they grew fairly well - grew about 7 feet tall, produced
moderately well. I am most defintely not a tomatoe expert, just thought I'd
pitch in with my $.02 worth