Old 07-07-2007, 05:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Reliable used pick-up trucks

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:42:21 -0000, breaksthenews
wrote:

I've heard Toyota Tacomas are good trucks, but those seem kind of
expensive, even in the 1996-1997 model years. Ford Rangers look
pretty
good, but I don't know how reliable they are.

My boys have had two Rangers, yeah I know, they were teenagers.

Both trucks rolled when they slid into ditches, yeah, I know, they were
teenagers.

One was an '86 Ranger, the other was a '93 ranger. Don't know if they
have changed the wheel base width since then or not, but they were
narrow enough and top heavy enough that they rolled when a wider truck
likely wouldn't have.

Pretty cramped if you have any size to you.

Older Yoders (toyotas) are still going around these parts, even some
mid to late eighties models, with going on and over two hundred
thousand on them. Kinda rusty, but Joe Bageant would love 'em.

Charlie

If you find an '80 Datsun, jump on it. You'd have to drive a stake
through the cylinder block to kill it.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/