Old 07-07-2007, 06:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
madgardener madgardener is offline

Default Leanin' on the garden's fence--WE GOT HEAT, WOO HOO!!!!!!

William Wagner wrote:
In article ,
madgardener wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
In article , Charlie wrote:

Sorry, reminded me of a song........(it's amazing how lyrics can stay
in my head for years, but I can't remember s**t about yesterday)
I'm the same way maybe worst. I'll make my morning coffee. Place in a
bit of sugar and milk and sometimes tilt the cup to be sure I added the
sugar.
I had some heart surgery about five years ago and was on the pump for
seven hours. General rule of thumb is we loose 10 % of our short term
memory for every hour on.
Currently playing Mahjong every morning in the belief I can get some
back. May be fooling myself but it is my nature.

Guess you folks know of The Chieftains Tears Of Stone

Bill

GREAT cd!! send yer snail mail and I'll burn you some Celtic that will
lift your heart, tear you up (as in tears) and make you dance, even if
yer sitting down!
maddie who's addy isn't anything but what it is listed as

No need to send me a cd but I'd like know what music you value. I love
new Ideas . One or two suffices as it may lead to others in time.

Bill who likes Patti Smith a local Pitman NJ Girl.

William Wagner
2304 Chew Avenue
Franklinville, NJ USA 08322

Below A example of a Celtic hit in Itunes. I've been collecting recorded
music since 1960. I've got Stevie Wonder's first as an LP. Whole
bunch of weird and wonderful LP's but still I'm trying to get my
possible son in law to take my new turntable.
incredible list below snipped.............

well, I love world music. Celtic, Reggae, Folk, Rock,Bluegrass, a
little punk, SOME classical, not much into rap, but even some that has
good words and a story or more poetry isn't bad, I still have about 2000
of my albums that range in tastes from Allan Parson's Project, Creedence
Clearwater, Camel, Zappa (about 24 of those, not all 69) Tangerine
Dream, ALL of the Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, about 9 Beatles, ELO, ELP,
Tonto's Expanding Headband.......Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray, Temptations,
Aretha, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Dylan, The Band, Grand Funk Railroad,
Chicago Transit Athority, Barefoot Jerry,some Allman Brothers, I love
Gov't Mule and Warren Haynes, I have all the Celtic Twilight cd's so far
(I think there are only six) ALL the Lorenna McKennett including the
Live at Alahambra PBS DVD, Loose Connections, Clannad, Altan, Cherish
the Ladies, Dougie McClean, Afro Celt, Poozies, Peatbog Faeries, Enter
the Haagas, Ashleigh McIssack, a HUGE assortment of compilation cd's
(two books of Celtic, two books of compilations, two books of female
artists. So far the cd collection is up to 13 books of more than 248 in
each zipper book.

I listen to David Dye on World Cafe coming outa Philly on WNCW,
Accoustic Cafe' I catch on Sunday mornings, enjoy This American Life and
sometimes remember to catch Cartalk when I remember...although I like
Bluegrass, eight hours on WNCW is a bit TOO much...but I LOVE Tim
O'Brian and Allison Krauss, adored and knew John Hartford and have eight
of his vinyl albums some of which the estate hasn't put upon cd
yet......all of Cheryll Wheeler's stuff, John Gorka (all his stuff) love
Bruce Cockburn, Leonard Cohn, Tom Waits, Ricky Lee Jones, Alanas
Morrisette, Paula Cole, Patti Griffith, Susanne Vega, Maria Muldaur (I
have lots of vinyl and lots of cd's of hers, as well as most of Bonnie
Raitt's, John Prine, B.B. King, Pine Top Perkins, Keb Mo', Muddy Waters,
Johnny Lang, Van Morrison the list is endless.........eclectic tastes,
yes. Nick Drake, Louden Wainwright and his son, Rufus. Arlo Guthrie,
the list is endless. My music collection is amazing but never complete.
There's always something else coming out or something that the college
kids don't know is good. I happened upon two Steve Hackett cd's I have
the albums to for cheap and I snatched them. The remake Beatles cd is a
must buy. I adored that it was done. George and John woulda loved it......

Not much for Sir Paul, but Peter Townsend still rocks the house. I also
like Zydecoe and Cajun, have lots of Dr. John....I could write the list
for hours.....gbseg by the way, Bellsouth is about to lower the boom
on me and cut off my ISDN line because I was irresponsible for the first
time in 36 years and ran up my landline to outlandish proportions, so I
will burn you a few cd's and send them your way and you let me know, ok?
going in for the second eye Tuesday and won't be able to lift a fart,
and they're threatening to shut me off the 9th......sigh.....you'd think
an old hippie and all round decent person of 54 would learn.......first
time I ever let my mouth get outa hand and couldn't pay the HUGE honking
bill.......made my bed hard and now I gotta lie in it. I'll be back
though. Just hate it as I just paid the internet, supernews fee, ISDN
line fee and renewed the comics on line stuff....crap......

later?

maddie whose eyes are Georgia roadmaps and I just wanna stay up and
write whil;e I can......