Old 07-07-2007, 07:23 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Goldlexus Goldlexus is offline

Default Pump Plugged up...What do you think?

No kidding. This group is great group with a lot of knowledge and
willingness to share that knowledge. It is so
appreciated.
Hubby got into the pond again this evening after work and moved more rocks.
He was able to get his hand into
the suction hole on the bottom to feel around. Nothing there but the
impeller which moved freely. So we plugged it in to
see if there was any difference, there was none Still getting 3psi thru'
the pressurized filter. Needs to be at 5 to get the water flow coming out of
the waterfall the way we like it. So we need to make sure nothing is in the
pipe going from the pump to the filter. We don't know exactly how to do that
with out cutting the pipe at the pump. It is only about 5-6 feet of pipe
length from pump to filter with most of the pipe a bit under ground. Would
using a plumbing snake work? Putting the snake thru' at the open end of the
filter? Once we have eliminated a clog in the pipe than we will have to look
at the pump as our problem. Although I am not entirely sure it is the pump
but after a process of elimination I don't know where else to look but the
pump.
Right now the quietness in my backyard is driving me nuts! I love the sound
of the waterfall especially at night. sigh
I will keep you all posted for sure.

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ps.com...
We now have a thousand speculative analyses of your problem. Please
let us know whatyou do and how it works out. Photos are always nice!
(tho' not ok on rpm).

Jim