Old 07-07-2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default hostas, hydrangea, and update on sweet butter lettuce

On 7/6/07 10:21 PM, in article ,
"Charlie" Charlie wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:43:04 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

Hey Y'all,

Hey you, where you been? Thought maybe you *had* dried up and blown
away! :-)

I did get the lettuce plants that I had previously asked about. Had my
first salad from it yesterday with supper. Have enough out there, can
possibly have another salad off of it Sunday. Taste great, other than
the fact you can tell it's dry-weather lettuce. As a side note, the
collards taste the same way................

Oh well,

Rain, rain, please come this way
Leave my friends that are Texas way
Oh Lord, let us pray...
Rain, rain, please come this way!

Thought about you and yours the other day after talking with one of the
boy's friends. The hay crop here is not too bad, but they are a
cutting behind. Hay is going to be worth some serious money in some
places this fall and winter.

It's looking serious on both ends of the rain guage, isn't
it...depending upon where you are.

Care, and keep your eyes to the heavens
Charlie

I'll happily send some of my rain elsewhere. Lots of thunder storms with
hail rolling through my next of the woods of late.

Cheryl