Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 AM posted to sci.med,sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default ripe fruit versus unripe fruit ; horse, Llama, donkey

Learned a lesson this year about a simple thing such as eating fruit.
I love fruit and all my life
have never slackened my desire for fruit. Last year I canned 360
quarts of fruit. But some of them
were fruit that was not fully ripe. This is because I dread any fruit
going to waste or tried to get
all the fruit before the birds got it. But that was a mistake because
I am finding out that unripe
fruit is not really pleasurable to eat and in the case of about 6
quarts I simply threw out
because they were unripe fruit.

I had come to think that in the boiling process of canning that the
unripeness of the fruit
would go away or be masked. But that was false assumption. Simply put,
if fruit is not fully
ripe, then it is not a great pleasure to eat, no matter if fresh or
canned.

So this year, I am going for only full ripe fruit.

P.S. I am trying to figure out whether my horse, Llama and donkey like
fig-newtons more
than they like apples. The Llama likes fig newtons most of all, and
perhaps there is a
long distant gene to when Llamas were camel like creatures and where
they had figs
and dates in the desert. But the horse definitely likes both apples
and cookies but it
is hard to differentiate between the two. The donkey does not care for
apples at all.

But one thing the three have pleased me is that they like eating
bulrushes where
the swampy part of my land and the three have gone in there and
cleared out the
bulrushes so that I can see the ground for the first time.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium