Old 07-07-2007, 05:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Reliable used pick-up trucks

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I'd be very careful with Ford trucks now. The old maintenance schedule and
the newer ones are hugely different. Spark plugs are now on the schedule at
100K miles. Too bad the spark plugs only last 5OK miles and frequently self
destruct. A lot of the changes are aimed at bringing you in for big buck
repairs instead of scheduled maintenance....

Not to you, Cheryl, but anyone who pays attention to those ridiculous
maintenance schedules deserves to have their vehicle die on them. I'm
still a firm believer in 3,000 mile oil changes and spark plug changes
at around 40K. You're absolutely right, they're trying to get you for
repairs, letting maintenance slip that long will definitely bring in
the business.

As far as using dealers for maintenance, surely you jest! G They
don't call them stealers for nothing.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts