Old 07-07-2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Glenna Rose Glenna Rose is offline

Default Broccoli doesn't flower

writes:
For some reason my broccoli is not forming heads this year. This
includes several varieties. The plants are doing great otherwise. I
live in central Ohio and it's been as hot and dry as any Spring and
early Summer as I can remember. I don't know whether to cut the plants
down or leave them in hopes of a fall crop. Any ideas?

When I've left the plant after harvesting the heads and side shoots, it
has produced again in small quantities in the fall. Don't know if this
would work if there was no bearing in the first place, but if you don't
need the space, give it a go, and let us know.

Glenna