Old 07-07-2007, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default What are you doing?

K Barrett wrote:
Apropos of nothing, but its been so quiet here I thought I'd say what Ive
been up to.

Fixing that dang ugly swamp cooler is what. I showed pix here last year, I
think.

It was on one of these hardware store
trips that the man at the store said, 'you aren't working on this *now* are
you?' meaning wait till the sun goes down you idiot.

What are you doing this weekend?

K Barrett

Well, there IS something to be said for doing things at night when it's
cooler, but then you can't always see well enough to do them, even with
supplemental lighting.

What am I doing this weekend? Well, it depends on how one defines
'weekend'. If that's 'Saturday and Sunday', well then I'm working long
hard days, as I always do on weekends, as does everyone else in the
restaurant business (and many, many others). If, however, it means what
I've come to know it as for the last twenty-five years or so, the two
days off after one's workweek, in my case, Monday and Tuesday, well then
I'm finishing attaching the shadecloth to my newly-built GH (got the
shadecloth on and the sides attached but held off on the far end til I
got the gutter on - which was done this week) and building benches and
hopefully (if my roommate has run out the utilities as planned) moving
plants out of the growrooms and into the GH.

Wish me luck! Mothing else has gone as quickly or smoothly as expected
with this project!