Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default What are you doing?

"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 08:09:08 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

"Steve Wolstenholme" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 07:43:15 -0700, "K Barrett"
wrote:

What are you doing this weekend?

Earlier today I changed 25% of the water in my big fish tank. Then I
sat out in the Sun for a hour. Now I will continue implementing all
the user requests in my software.

I don't know what I will be doing tomorrow - it's too far in the
future for my planning.

Steve

The aquarium water is good for your orchids!

K Barrett

I don't know. It's very alkaline for the Lake Tanganyika fish. Do
orchids like pH 8 ?

Steve

oof! No they don't! They like the, er, detritus.... But pH 8 is no good.
Lake Tanganyika fish, eh? I had to google those...
http://i.ugtz.com/gallery/Lake-Tanganyika-Fish There are quites a few more
than just ciclids, eh? Another fellow here used to have ciclids and we
discussed using the old water on orchids. Others I know have used old koi
pond water for orchids. Amazing what one learns online.

K Barrett