Old 07-07-2007, 06:49 PM posted to soc.history,sci.med,sci.bio.botany
a_plutonium a_plutonium is offline

Default humanity's mistaken view of the best use of horses ripe fruit versus unripe fruit ; horse, Llama, donkey

a_plutonium wrote:
(snipped)

But one thing the three have pleased me is that they like eating
bulrushes where
the swampy part of my land and the three have gone in there and
cleared out the
bulrushes so that I can see the ground for the first time.

Not withstanding the fact that horses were a prime means of transport
and work for millenium.
Not withstanding the fact that horses were also a prime livestock food
source for millenium.

But I think the greatest value of horses which has not been recognized
is the fact of what
they eat. And to utilize what they eat. The purpose of a horse in
terms of ecology, the science
of ecology is what the animal eats. The purpose is equated to what it
eats.

So, I have 5 acres of grass and weeds which I never cleared. So what
is the world's best solution
for that 5 acres. The answer is a horse, donkey and Llama. Set the
three in those 5 acres and
everyone wins. The soil wins in fertilizer. I win in having a cleaned
out 5 acres. The donkey and
horse and Llama love it.

So I think in modern times, if you want a horse, then have alot of
land to be cleared out by the
horse eating the vegetation. Don't get a horse because you want to
ride it infrequently. Get a
horse because you have plenty of land for the horse to keep clean of
grass and weeds.

P.S. also, do not get a solo horse or animal because they are social
animals and they need some
other animals to form a social group. People who keep solo animals are
really doing those animals
a act of cruelty. Provide them at least with a partner animal so life
for them is "not lonely".

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium