Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tater Tater is offline

Default plum bush branches breaking

On Jul 7, 5:17 pm, mleblanca wrote:

What kind of plum do you have?

and edible yummy type. I bought the place last year, the plums have
been there for over 10, I got leaking roofs and such to worry about
before plum identification.

You did thin the fruit early on, didn't you?

ummm am i supposed to do this? I wasnt told. I expect no one has for
the past 10 years as the place was a rental(a "wrong side of the
tracks" rental at that)

on one side, we did have some wrechted windstorms that did knock off a
bit, maybe it does self thinning? no clue. was hoping for some
grafting advice to fix some long neglected trees.

boy the above sound offensive and insulting. Not trying to be. got a
link to tell me about thinning my crop and other things I should be
doing but havent found yet?