Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Plague of snails.

On 7 Jul, 12:18, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
I forgot about all that fifty years ago when I started riding a bike,
seriously.

Well, you ought to take a trip to Coppenhagen. Millions of ladies with
smart suits, skirts, handbags etc. riding their bikes every day and
looking really good. Not sure how they do it - I've got a trailler on
my bike now because I had so much to carry. As to look smart - well,
if I wash my hair before going, (don't wear helmet) once I arrive in
the office I usually end up looking like a yetti.

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier for
them!

I don't know, they have to contend with us :-)

Have you both heard of this woman in Brighton who was looking to do a
fashion show with women not shaving (everywhere). At first she was
desperate because nobody was coming forward. Before you knew it, on
the D day, lots of lovely women of all ages turned up. It was great to
see lots of hairy armpits and legs ;o) Aside, the fashion designer
turned out to be an old friend of mine. Just imagine - I yelled for my
husband to come and look at the programme!! Good to see she's done so
well. However, the clothes were all made out ... and hope you're
sitting down ... human ... HAIR!!! Oh, the irony.