Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Cauliflower

"Broadback" wrote ...

Ok, enough jokes! Mine are very similar, though my cabbage, as they seem
to, are bigger than we can eat in 2 meals. So where are we going wrong,
how do you grow caulies with large white curds, come on, you are experts
are you not?

The winter growing ones that crop in ,say, April are the easiest in my
experience. Always get a good crop of nice heads and because it's winter
they don't have any meat in them either. (Walcheren Winter Armardo April or
similar)
The summer ones are always a fight as to who eats it first, us or the pests,
and we often do get one or two that seem to stop growing and remain tiny.
I've always put it down to lack of water at some point but that cannot be
the problem anywhere in the UK this year.
Cauliflowers hate a "stop" to growth so has something checked their growth
this year other than lack of water, cold perhaps or didn't plant them out
quick enough?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden