Old 08-07-2007, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baldoni[_2_] Baldoni[_2_] is offline

Default Cats in garden

pretended :
On Jul 7, 4:28 pm, K wrote:

Yes, but that petition isn't going to do anything about their defecating
in the garden, which is what the multitudes of threads are about. I
could start posting links to the Cats Protection League using the same
logic.

I usually have a couple of feral cats in my garden and I have learned
to live with them even though I don't like them. Just recently there
has only been one, my neighbour told me that a fox killed it and it
will often kill cats, I have never heard of that before. We do get
foxes in the garden and also deer, badger, ducks, pheasants. Our lawn
sometimes resembles an animal lavatory but we have learned to live
with that too, I just wish I could identify the poo so that I know who
is doing what.

Judith

A fox came into our garden and frightend the chipmonks which were in
their run.

My wife kept on at me so I shot him dead. She never spoke to me for 2
days then.

I think the best thing to do with cats is to fill up some empty
lemonade bottles with water and leave them on the ground, this seems to
deter them. Also in fine soil I break up a beanpole into small pieces
and plant them in the soil to stop the cat from squatting down.

--
Count Baldoni