Old 08-07-2007, 01:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crundy Crundy is offline

Default Cats in garden

"Mikesndbs" wrote in message
oups.com...
For the record I don't hate cats, I dislike the owners who buy/get
cats for the kids and then leave the cats to roam free.
I do indeed hate it when well fed cats kill the wildlife in my garden
that I strive so hard to promote.
I also do hate getting cats mess on me and finding my plats uprooted.

Can you explain this a bit more? I have two cats, and dislike having to
rescue screaming frogs from them and clearing up rodent entrails, but I see
little a petition will do about the annoyance? If a cat is killing birds
then perhaps a bell will solve the problem. Any other wildlife will not have
the benefit of sharp senses and wings and will not be able to get away in
time.

As for them shitting in your garden, how will a bell help this? Cats do crap
wherever the hell they want, despite your best efforts. Buy some cat
repellant. Starting some kind of petition will not solve this. Perhaps I
should start a petition to get whiney old farts banned from the internet so
they can't start petitions against minor issues with no workable resolution?
Or you could just shut the **** up?