Old 08-07-2007, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default What are you doing? from RGO

John Varigos wrote:
Al, yours is the nightmare. 13 pups!! I am having enough to do with 6.
Can't imagine what 13 would be like.

A pregnant dog I fostered a few years back had 18 - I had thought she
had been ready to whelp for two weeks at least she was so huge ( I
didn't acquire her til then, when she was discovered at the nearby park
by the conservatory staff too weak from hunger and dehydration on a 95
degree summer day to crawl 20 feet to water), but it turned out she just
had waaay too many puppies in her. One's lungs weren't developed and it
passed away the next night but Bambi (What I called her for she looked
like a little deer and she was a little dear) and I got the rest all
healthy and fatttened up til about ten weeks old when a great local dog
rescue group found homes for ALL of the pups and shortly thereafter,
Bambi, too (whom I would have kept except for the fact that my baby
girl, a shar-pei named TiPring, would not tolerate other females as she
had been repeatedly attacked by others when younger). It was a lot of
work but a lot of fun. I loved just sitting on the kitchen floor with my
back propped against a cabinet and letting them crawl all over me. I do
love puppies!