Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Cutting Queen Anne's Lace

On 7/8/07 7:11 AM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

mleblanca wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 7, 2:14 pm, FragileWarrior
wrote:
"betsyb" wrote
:

"FragileWarrior" wrote in
message
"betsyb" wrote in
:

Hang it upside down to dry in a dark room. I use coat hangers.

It's got to be fresh for what I need it for. I need it to look
like it looks in the field.

They make a skinny florist wire to hold them up and change the
water frequently.

Nope, no wires allowed. It's for a fair entry. No wire, no tape, no
nuthin' cept' water and a vase. (I suppose there could be something
added to the water but it can't be visible.)

Ah I thought so. I used to be a devoted fair flower arranger. Entered
every bloomin' class. It was a good way to make garden money,
but it sure did take over your life!!

I only discovered the fair last year. Had two entries in the flower
class, seven in the Arts and Crafts. Cleaned up in Arts and Crafts but
in the intervening year, I took the Master Gardener course and I'm now
scheduled to work the fair during the flower show this year. There is
one entry called, "Road To The Fair" where you are supposed to find the
stuff for the arrangement ON THE WAY to the fair. Last year everyone
used QAL and every single one looked like crap by judging time. I'm only
playing around with the thought of entering this year but I thought I'd
be ready in case I decided to play the night before the event.

How about twining the QAL around a stick and propping the head up that way?

Okay, next question: I'm looking for herbs (HAS to be herbs) with common
names (or Latin ones if they exist) that have to do with money. I've
come up with Pennyroyal and Lamb's Quarters, so far. I need two or three
more. Any ideas? Obscure names will do as long as they are really
legit.

I'll think on it!