Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Cutting Queen Anne's Lace

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
Okay, next question: I'm looking for herbs (HAS to be herbs) with common
names (or Latin ones if they exist) that have to do with money. I've
come up with Pennyroyal and Lamb's Quarters, so far. I need two or three
more. Any ideas? Obscure names will do as long as they are really
legit.

Moneywort
Lysimachia nummularia

Money Plant
Lunaria annua

dollar weed
Rhynchosia reniformis

Penny cress
Thlaspi arvense

or if you want to really stretch the money theme......
Shepard's Purse
Capsella bursa-pastoris

Those are all I can think of just off the top of my memory. Can't think of
any having to do with nickels and dimes, there are some herbs with 'pence'
and 'pound' in the name but not sure if you need this to be only USA
currency.

Val