Old 08-07-2007, 03:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Checkerboard Herb Garden - File 4 of 4 - checkerboard garden 003.jpg (1/1)

tennis maynard wrote in news:468facb6$0$15006
:

What a neat idea!

Thanks, Tennis. I didn't mention it but that's a waste spot in the yard (as
you can tell by the surrounding areas) and underneath the dirt in the
raised bed it is essentially #6 paving rock covered with a thin layer of
Indiana clay. The only really good soil is the 4" deep stuff I put between
the pavers. I didn't know if that would be deep enough to hold enough
water and provide enough root space for what I planted. The Dill nicely
grew only about 14" high, too, which means it probably won't be tipping
over -- something I had worried about.

All in all, it was a great bunch of fun.