Old 08-07-2007, 05:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default yEnc

"T r a v i s" wrote after "Bob Hobden" and "Sj" wrote
It's a problem for those who don't wish to be bothered
w/ yEnc, for whatever reason ... if the proper software
is used, the posting software automatically puts yEnc
in the header ... if not, the poster is using broken
software ... maybe people should let them know,
though some posters won't care ...

http://www.techsono.com/faq/yenc.html

Ah! So perhaps that's why I still can't see some yEnc posts despite
buying the necessary software to decode it automatically in OE.
Most annoying (or words to that effect!). :-)

Software to decode yEnc is free.

Yes there is free software but when I tried it you had to save the photo to
your PC and then do through a procedure to decode it, save it again and then
it might be viewable depending on the version of yEnc that had been used. I
do not save photos to my PC, even most of my own are put straight to DVD
unless I delete them first.
I paid for software that is supposed to work seamlessly with OE....we shall
see IDC!
--
Regards
Bob Hobden