Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Edward O' Brien Edward O' Brien is offline

Default Slugs in my beehives!

I have a problem with slugs getting into my hive(s). I am surprised they
get past the bees and was wondering if anyone knows

a) how they get in?
B) is there anything i should use or more importantly not use as i don't
want to damage the bees health.

There is only a quiet bees newsgroup and was wondering if there are any
beekeepers in his ng.

I am a beginner with bees and my friend has never experienced slugs in 25
years.

I am in Glasgow in the Central Scottish belt if that is relevant, - A
'temperate' climate. Hives are located beside a rhubarb patch.

Many thanks

Ed in Glasgow