Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Slugs in my beehives!

"La Puce" wrote in message
ps.com...
On 8 Jul, 20:10, "Edward O' Brien" wrote:
I have a problem with slugs getting into my hive(s). I am surprised they
get past the bees and was wondering if anyone knows
a) how they get in?
B) is there anything i should use or more importantly not use as i don't
want to damage the bees health.
There is only a quiet bees newsgroup and was wondering if there are any
beekeepers in his ng.
I am a beginner with bees and my friend has never experienced slugs in 25
years.
I am in Glasgow in the Central Scottish belt if that is relevant, - A
'temperate' climate. Hives are located beside a rhubarb patch.

Hi Ed. I don't want to get rid of you - but there's forums, see below,
where the subject is bees. With all this rain, I've started to find
slugs in my kitchen!! Even the cats are not sure ... But I don't know
about slugs and bees. See if this helps.

Helene, bees and gardens are inextricably linked. The beekeeping forums
aren't all that good in my experience. BBKA doesn't cover Scotland and
Derbyshire is far too far south for Glasgow beekeeping.

Mary