Old 09-07-2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default bad news of sorts.....for now......

In article ,
madgardener wrote:

Charlie wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:44:02 -0400, madgardener
wrote:

Made me bed hard and must lie in it. Being cut off from the world
won't be that good for someone the likes of me, though. You all will
hear my shrieks of frustration as I am unable to read my daily online
comics to lighten my heart and soul up, or write about the faeries
flittering about in the Holler.....today a dragonfly lit on me and
surveyed me before darting off.

Perhaps the Dragonfly may be taken as a good omen, Maddie.

Several times over the last decade of my being online, I have pulled
the plug for months at a time to renew my direction and get my head
right (Boss to Luke).......difficult, but worthwhile. It has been said
that "that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger". Yeah, I
know...being forced offline when in the midst of an existential
meltdown is not the same as a self-imposed exile....

The deluge yesterday was appreciated by
the parched raised beds, but my gardens are ticked off at me and the
Vinca faerie is out to **** me off........someone got a scratch ticket
with win's of $20,000 they can let me have? (no, the bill ain't THAT
high, but I need to pay bills in advance enough to figure things out
while my eyes heal so I can get two jobs. it's East Tennessee here
folks, minimum wages are the best one can sometimes do here, it's still
a man's world.......ho hum)

Hell, we men have spent the last seven thousand years perfecting our
system of religion, politics, economics and society! And we perfectly
****ed it up. I think we are past due for women to right the
situation, 'ceptin' many of the good old boys ain't about to turn
loose, are they?

It sucks.

no worries, just wish now I had level
ground and more sun for a garden to feed me while the heat is on. My
Aunt Ruby's Green were late planted, and the Sungold cherry tomato's
won't get cranked soon enough. I love those..I planted Rubra leaf
lettice in buckets and it was tender and succulent and the spinach I'll
sow in buckets on the deck at the end of July for a fall crop. same
with the lettice. I have fall radishes too.....if you ain't got level
ground, buckets on the deck work alright, just nothing like tomato's in
the soil

I'll be back eventually. I've never been in this position before, but
it'll all work out.

I'm not worried after reading several of your recent posts. Sometimes
it is decreed that we go alone to the mountain and spend time with
ourselves, no matter how painful and difficult it may be. Growth and
healing will occur, if that is what one is seeking and if one can
become still and in tune with ones-self.

You have your garden, you have your faeries, you have your
music.....and you have yourself. Be strong and be aware.

And be aware that there are many who are with you in spirit.

Check your email........I'll go back-channel, if it's all right...got
some things fer ya that might help ya thru.......

Charlie

send it whilst I can receive it Charlie. Ironic that I get to meet two
more neat garden friends across the fence (Billy, o' course) and the
plug gets pulled. Then again, I will check to see the local library's
schedules (no funds to run 5 days a week) but with my Englishman's hours
over in the UK, they get on line ONLY for 59 minutes and the computer
shuts you down flat. No library open on Wednesdays, and Internet cafe's
are a British pound per hour........he's over 4000 miles away and with
no phone line to call and check on me and Faerie Holler OR the internet
to touch base, you'll hear the anguished cries of an en passioned
Sagittarius unable to know what the frell is going on.....

Surgery is Tuesday morning at 10 a.m., I'm freaking with the total lack
of up close vision despite the good vision far off on the right eye now.
Glasses will be a must after I heal and then job? I will work, no
doubt. I'm not opposed to working two jobs, just haven't done it in 20
years......it wears me out to think that what I am capable of making in
six weeks is what my husband makes in one week driving a truck. A GOOD
week he makes almost $900 take home!! I'd hafta sell my wares for that
kinda money and who would want a middle aged old hippie?? LOL

no worries yet. the dogs aren't licking their chops at the thoughts of
mom mush.........can't make a meal outa the guppies or that old decrepit
Gold Severum that's lost a third of it's scales it's so ancient in the
large tank beside the front door. The two remaining Danno's are loonies,
and the Plecostomus is ginormous. I adore my little fornicating
guppies. I have some that are really awesome......

on a gardening note.....blister beetles are munching the japanese
anemone to the bones, I fear they will discover the variegated Fallopia
next. Or worse, the hosta's. I gotta find me an old Windex bottle for
the pyrethrum! Daylilies are almost done, the drought has me by the
short hairs, I don't want to mess with watering too much because I have
a well and the neighbor's cows are dropping calves meaning more intake
of ground water.......sigh. too tired to scoop cow patties even in this
heat. The high today was only 96o. I hear Salt Lake City's
burning.....(that's where my first husband lives still)

My fall phlox is cranking out purplish flowers, the hummer came around
to sup at the toasty yellow butterfly bush that needs whacking to regrow
buds and flowers. I need to take my pruners and have a whack day of it
and give hard haircuts to almost all the perennials just because it's so
toasty and I have raised beds. And the vinca major
thrives....................

I will write after I put in the drops..........

maddie

Funny ya know. For the last several years, I think it is my curiosity
about my garden that keeps me alive. Just when everything is dying, I
start thinking about the new year and the new garden and what I want to
do in it. In the cold and the darkness, I start pushing out, like a
seed. Come April, the fruits of my planning are ready to spring fourth.
Am I growing my garden, or is my garden growing me? Reality, what a
concept.
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/