Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Goldlexus Goldlexus is offline

Default UPDATE Pump Plugged up...What do you think?

There is nothing worse than a dry waterfall
We replaced the flex pipe that had the leak. That was easy just had to find
the end that was underground. We found it. Before putting the new pipe on we
snaked the large pipe down to the pump then hubby got in the pond again to
feel around the bottom of the pump. He felt a rock but every time he tried
to get it it would slip away somewhere in the pump. After awhile he couldn't
even feel the rock, we began to wonder if it worked itself out. We also ran
water down towards the pump again. Hubby than got a large flat rock to
slide under the pump so it wont suck up any other small rock. We put
everything back together, plugged in the pump and it is the same Well a
little better instead of the gauge reading 3 psi it is just a smidge over
the 3 mark. Ya so what right? Anyway, we give up. I guess we will just run
it as is. Since I work for the school district I am out of work for the
Summer, we don't have the money to pull the pump and re-do the plumbing so
it has a screw type of connection. Hubby is not that willing to try to take
on that task. He is NOT handy in anyway so we have to count on others.
For now we have the waterfall on. It is better than nothing but not quite
the same. Thanks to you all for your help and advice.
BTW how long does it take for the rushing water in the pipe to wear down the
rock that is in the pipe? *wink*

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 11:37:17 CST, "Goldlexus"
wrote:

Ya I do here is the link.
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...ndVideowmv.flv

Ah yes, I saw it then, I did wonder if it was one and the same. Such a
difference when their dry. :-(

It is quite the waterfall. We love it and miss it right now. Hubby is
going
to try and replace the flexible pipe today and hopefully we can see or get
to whatever is blocking the flow. Boy we sure hope something stuck is
causing this slow down. If nothing is there than our pump is the problem.
BTW send good thoughts we know NOTHING about plumbing stuff but we are
going
to tackle this. I read the 'how to's' on the internet and it looks fairly
easy.

If your husband ever played with those build-it kits as a kid, it
shouldn't
be too bad. ;-) That's how I look at the parts my son gets at the hardware
store, he's gone from kiddy put-together toys to an adult version. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us